Thank you for calling to schedule a time for your mobile food truck/cart inspection. I have tentatively scheduled you for Wednesday, September 18th at our Commerce City office located at 4201 East 72nd Avenue, Suite D, Commerce City, CO 80022 (see below for directions). **Please park in one of the regular parking spots – do not park in the VIN inspection area.**
Please read through the entirety of this email as it includes important information for your inspection and license.
** Note: Tri-County will only issue licenses for mobile units that have their commissary kitchen located in Adams, Arapahoe or Douglas County. A commissary located in Denver County will also be accepted as long as the mobile unit also is licensed in Denver County. If your commissary kitchen is located outside of Adams, Arapahoe, Douglas or Denver County, please contact your commissary kitchen’s local health department to obtain your mobile license. **
Please reference the following Mobile Food Service fact sheet.
Below is a list of the items you will need to renew your mobile license:
Bring the following:
1. Copy of your Colorado State Sales Tax license certificate.
2. Copy of Commissary’s Retail Food License.
3. Certified Food Protection Manager certificate (Español)
4. A Restroom Affidavit.
5. An Affidavit of Citizenship and a government issued id (only if the ownership of the unit is in the name of an individual or sole proprietorship).
6. Cash, credit card, or check to be made out to Tri-County Health Department for the food service licensing fee (this fee is generally $385.00).
7. Food probe thermometer.
8. Refrigerator/hot box thermometer
9. Sanitizer test strips.
10. Soap and paper towels.
If you do not provide the above listed items, your truck or cart will not be inspected.
Before you go into the health department office please check the following:
1. The unit has been identified with the trade name and telephone number of the owner/operator on two sides of the unit in lettering 3-inches high, 3/8-inch wide.
2. Refrigeration units (if applicable) are operating and holding temperature at 41°F or below.
3. Steam tables (if applicable) are operating and holding temperature at 135°F or above.
4. The potable water reservoir is filled and hot and cold water must be available at the hand sink and three compartment sink (if applicable).
We are interested in hearing from you. Please fill out our survey regarding our Mobile Food Program, found here.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Environmental Health Specialist
Tri-County Health Department
4201 E. 72nd Avenue, Suite D
Commerce City, CO 80022
This communication is for the use of the intended recipient only. It may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, any disclosure, copying, further distribution or use thereof is prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please advise me by return e-mail or by telephone and delete/destroy it.
Directions to Tri-County Health Department Commerce City Office:
From I-25, take the East I-76 exit and head east.
Take Exit 8 (CO-224/ 74th Avenue exit), towards Commerce City.
After merging onto 74th Avenue, take the first right onto Colorado Blvd.
From Colorado Blvd., take the first left onto 72nd Avenue.
4201 E. 72nd Ave. will be on the left. Parking is available in the front of the building.